SUMMER AT SOUTHSIDE PLACE
Summer Camp & Swim Team Registration Open
Calling Southside kids of all ages – Registration for the Southside All-Stars Swim Team and Southside Summer Camp is now available!
Camp Directors Jeff Carrus, Gabriela Olivero and Allison Akers, along with their great team of counselors, many of whom attended the camp as kids themselves, are back and excited to lead Southside’s kids in tons of fun activities each day during the June and July sessions. Our younger campers can expect to have plenty of fun with art projects, story time, park visits, dress up parties, tons of play-time with their friends and more. Our older campers can expect high-energy activities and fast-paced games like scooter races, foosball, cool art projects, and visits to the park, pool, and tennis courts. As always, we’re planning a handful of fun, special activities for our campers, which historically have included bobbing for donuts on a string, water slide and dunk tank day, a visit from the Kona Ice truck, fun Friday lunches and everyone’s favorite dodgeball game, Survival!
All-Stars Swim Team
The Southside All-Stars Swim Team is back and sure to be better than ever. Led by Sydney Marvin, a veteran All-Stars team member and coach of 11 summers, our swimmers will gain experience and advance their skills through weekly practices and regular season swim meets. We’re excited to kickoff the season with a fun pizza party, where swimmers can get to know their coaches and checkout the pool, and, like season’s past, we’ll look forward to celebrating our swimmers’ many accomplishments at the annual swim banquet at the end of the season.
Season Pass Application
Click here to download the 2017 Season Pass Application.
These unique experiences are only open to Southside residents, and space is limited so we encourage parents and guardians interested in signing up their children to act fast.
Click Here to Register Today
Favorite camp leaders are back again!
Get ready for another fantastic year of Southside Camp! Our campers will be thrilled that Alison Akers, Gabriela Olivero, and Jeff Carrus will be back again this year to lead our camp! This year will be another amazing experience available only to Southside residents! Campers must be season pass holders of the Southside Place Parks Department.
We offer a Pre-School (Small Room) camp for 4-5 year olds and a Big Room camp for those 6 years and up. Parents can place their 6 or 7 year old children in the Big Room and request a little extra attention to ensure a smooth transition from the Little Room.
If your family is not yet a season pass holder or if you have any other questions about camp, please contact Wadsworth Crews at email@example.com.
Click Here to Learn More
- Registration opens on Monday, March 6, 2017 and will end May 26, 2017.
- All campers must submit an updated immunization record before attending camp (State Law)
- Children under the age of 10 years must be signed out of camp by a guardian or an adult on parent’s approved list and children that leave camp for any reason are considered checked out by camp
- Campers provide their own lunch, except on Fridays, when they may buy lunch at an additional cost
- Look for weekly updates via email and camp billboard to find out about weekly activities and Wacky Wednesday!
|10 am – 4 pm||Weekly||Both Sessions||First Session||Second Session|
|5 Days – M-F||$160||$765||$440||$440|
|3 Days – MWF||$110||$485||$280||$280|
|2 Days – Tu & Th||$75||$325||$190||$190|
|Weekly||Both Sessions||First Session||Second Session|
Monday – Friday
10 am to 4 pm
All-Stars Swim Team
Gearing up for the summer season!
We’re excited to announce that registration for the Southside All-Stars Swim Team 2017 is now open!
This year’s team will be led by Sydney Marvin, who has been with our team for 11 summers and is looking forward to this season in her new role. Sydney is currently studying civil engineering at the University of Texas. We are excited for her to take over this position after her time as a Southside swimmer and assistant coach!
Registration begins Monday March 6th and closes Friday, May 12th. Learn more by clicking the button below, or, if you’re ready click here to sign up today.
Click Here to Learn More
- Registration begins Monday, March 6th and closes Friday, May 12th.
- Late registration incurs a $25 fee and swimmer’s name may not be printed on our shirt.
Click here to register for the 2017 All-Stars Swim Team
- 12 years old and under: $200
- 13 years and up: $100
Click here to register for the 2017 Southside All-Stars Swim Team.
- Pizza Party Kick-Off: Sunday, May 14th 5:30-7:00 at the Clubhouse
- First Practice: Monday, May 15th
- Practice Days: Monday – Friday (No practice on Memorial Day)
- End of Season Banquet: Friday, June 23rd 5:30-7:30 Clubhouse
May 15-26: Merfish Teen Center (9000 S Rice Ave) (Click here for a map)
This is several blocks closer to Southside and is a large pool with tennis, basketball and an open field available to families and siblings during practice.
May 30-June 21: JCC indoor pool (5601 S Braeswood Blvd) (Click here for a map)
For these practices, JCC recommends we enter through the side guard gate on the end farthest from Braeswood.
|May 15 – May 25 (Mon-Thur.) @JCC||Summer Times Begin May 30 @ JCC|
|Age Group||Time||Age Group||Time|
|6 & Under||4:30-5:00pm||6 & Under||3:00-3:30pm|
|7 & 8||5:00-5:30||7 & 8||3:30-4:15|
|9 & 10||5:30-6:15||9 & 10||4:15-5:00|
|11 & Up||6:15-7:00||11 & Up||5:00-6:00|
- Have a Southside Place City Season Pass and be in good standing.
- Sign up for two volunteer spots per family.
- Be 5 years old by June 1, 2017. (This age limitation may be removed with approval from Coach Marvin.) Swimmers may participate up to the summer after high school graduation.
- To participate in meets, swimmers should have our team suit. This year we will have a new team suit that can be purchased at a Suit Purchase Day at practice on May 25th. We use Texas Swim Shop (10429B S. Post Oak, 713-723-0910). If you are unable to make practice, you can go to the swim shop and they will help you out!
- SWAL meets are run by parent volunteers who help time, hand out ribbons, scribe and gather swimmers for their events.
- Each Southside family is required to sign up for at least two volunteer shifts during the season. It is a great way to get front row seats for the action and to pass the time! Click here to sign up for a volunteer spot today.